Sunday, May 6, 2012

Farm breakfast

When feeding the chicks this morning, I took a few steps towards the fence by the woods to peek at my mushroom logs.  There were a few that were ready to pick, so I snagged 'em for supper.  Meanwhile, two smaller ones ended up in my breakfast.

A few shiitakes from our logs.


A generous sprinkle of salty feta, made from our goat's milk.


Sausage from our hogs, herbed from our garden, and the shiitakes.


Eggs from our pastured hens....that yellow yoke is unmistakably from healthy hens!


Aaaahhhhhhh.....breakfast!

This was so good, I may just have it for lunch today, too!  Worth the trouble?  Oh, yes!

4 comments:

  1. i'm eating leftover pizza..and pie. ha! wow those mushrooms are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, that is a rediculously incredible breakfast! The amazing thing is it's ALL from your farm! I wanna do this! (except for the hog slaughter.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, I love mushrooms! And Karen, we hire someone for the dirty work with the hogs. I can only handle so much, and that is ok.

    ReplyDelete